21 Day Fix Recipes – Stuffed Peppers
These came about out of necessity, really. Do you ever feel like you’re in a rut? I get into a funk sometimes and get bored with the same old same old. Today is one of those days. I needed something different and tasty for dinner. In a strange twist of irony my funk has turned into something delicious and hearty that you are all going to love! Here is the latest installment of the 21 Day Fix Recipes: Stuffed Peppers!
21 Day Fix Recipe Stuffed Peppers | What you’ll need:
2 Sweet bell peppers of your color choice.
1 Yellow container of brown rice, or quinoa, cooked just shy of done
1/2 Yellow container of black beans, (canned) rinsed and drained
1/2 Yellow container of frozen corn
2 Red containers of browned low fat ground turkey or beef, seasoned with 21 Day Fix Southwestern Seasoning (Or left over taco meat)
1 Green container of petite diced tomatoes (no sugar added, read the ingredients. Should only contain tomatoes and ascorbic acid)
1 Green container of tomato sauce (same as diced tomatoes. Read the label.)
1 Blue container of your favorite cheese
21 Day Fix Recipe Stuffed Peppers | What you’ll do:
1. Cook brown rice, or quinoa according to directions in your eating plan.
2. While rice/quinoa is simmering, brown ground meat and season with Southwest seasoning. Set aside to cool.
3. Drain and rinse black beans.
4. Portion out diced tomatoes, corn, and tomato sauce, and cheese.
5. Combine in large bowl meat, tomatoes, corn, rice/quinoa, beans, and sauce.
6. Cut caps off of peppers and pull out ribs and core. Rinse excess seeds out.
7. Stuff peppers with filling.
8. Sprinkle with cheese.
9. Bake at 375 Fahrenheit for 40-45 minutes, depending on the strength of your oven. Cheese should be melted and filling should be heated all the way through.
Dive in! This recipe serves 2 with the following counts per stuffed pepper: 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 2 Green, 1/2 Blue.
Yum! These also store well for lunch the next day too! Make a double batch!
Be sure to leave me a message below and let me know how you like this recipe when you try it!
Public service announcement: If you are enjoying the 21 Day Fix, and seeing results, you owe it to those around you who may be struggling to share the great benefits with them! Direct them to these pages, so they can see how easy it is (and how tasty!) They can get their own copy of the program by clicking **HERE**.
That’s all for now folks!